Tuesday 26 October 2010

'Tis the season to quill earrings ...

I have a regular customer who buys quilled earrings from me at our Friday market, and last week she asked me to think about coming up with some 'fun' designs for her for Christmas. So yesterday, I got started on making some ... and instead of my usual Christmas tree earrings (been there, done that!!) I wondered about playing with some traditional English Christmas puddings, complete with brandy butter and holly sprig topping. Well, here they are - a bit over the top, perhaps, but then this particular lady really loves something different, and she is almost always wearing the crazy sheep earrings I made for her (see below) every time I see her!



Since it's Hallowe'en this week, my mind is full of black and orange right now, so I also made these 'dangly' earrings using some great new Paplins strips I've just bought from The Craft Room here in the UK. The orange colour is actually called 'Pumpkin' (ideal for this time of year), and I've simply encased two marquise shapes in a crimped black border and mounted this motif on an 'eye' shape of sparkling copper - another fantastic shade! I'm quite pleased with these, but really need to get back on to my Christmas theme. I'm planning some poinsettia flowers next!

13 comments:

  1. Is very good to have a special client so that motivates us to find alternatives and result in jobs so beautiful and curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Nagela - I love doing projects like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the earrings. I've seen so many wonderful jewelry pieces made from quilling. I think it's great that you have a customer who likes the out of the ordinary. Must make it fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does, Ann. And looking back at the sheep earrings this morning, it makes me think that maybe you could make a couple of little Dukes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those earrings! You are a talented woman - how nice to have someone that appreciates that talent weekly!! Have fun creating even more earrings, not only to sell, but to share with us.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Shelly - I've just finished varnishing another batch of earrings, so stand by for another post as soon as they are dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!I love the way you have shaped the leaves on the first pair and the colour combination on the third pair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Suganthi. I learned the method for shaping holly leaves like this from Elizabeth Moad's new quilling book 'Christmas Quilling'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourites are the pudding ones - but they are all well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Bronwyn - I think the puddings are my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree...the puddings are delightful. I haven't tired earrings yet but now I think I might have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, they're fun to make, Cheryl, and it makes a change from cards once in a while. Plus I managed to sell some earrings at our market yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking so nice and beautiful. Now a days market is full of this type of earrings and most of the womens are like this earrings. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails