All those individual flowers I've made have been sitting around for quite a while now ... so today I was determined to get the card assembled, no matter how many household chores needed doing - they would simply have to wait! Well, here's the end result:
I made a base mat for the the quilling by printing a blue-bordered yellow rectangle which I then cut out using a scallop-edged cutting blade in my paper cutter. I also cut a scalloped edge along the right hand edge of the front of the card before centering the mat. To get a little colour behind that edge, I glued a single 5mm quilling strip on the inside of the card below where the scalloping sits when the card is closed. (Because of all this, I had to offset the inside greeting a little to the left to keep the design symmetrical.) I quite like the effect of the scalloped edges, which just add a little extra background interest.
The quilled flowers you have seen before in earlier posts. However, I also enjoyed creating a few green scrolls and leaves just to create the impression of foliage without making the card too 'busy'.
Here's a view from the opposite side:
I'll be entering this card into the 'Make or Bake' competition at our village show in a couple of weeks' time. Wish me luck!