If you liked the quilled pendant I featured in my previous post, I hope you will also be interested in these:
William Bemrose's original 'Mosaicon' kit which was sold in the UK in Victorian times.
These are the principles I used:
- Open ring coils pressed into different shapes (some with smaller shapes inside)
- Metallic backgrounds, topped with various colours including black, green and violet
- 1.5mm strips (3mm cut in half) for maximum delicacy
- Inclusion of gold, silver and metallic edged strips in the design
- Use of solid coils made from crimped strips.
My method for making the pendant background discs is also described in my previous post.
Now, is anyone else ready to give this 'modern Mosaicon' a try?