Wednesday 21 December 2011

A kavalcade of Ks!

I haven't got around to entering many challenges lately, so I decided to have a go at the one Pritesh has recently posted on her Quilling Me Softly blog, which is to create a quilled letter 'K".

The trouble is, once I started thinking about possible shapes and styles for the letter K, I couldn't stop! And after producing five very different quilled letters, I found it impossible to choose between them. So I put them all together to form a border decoration, which I can really only describe as a 'kavalcade of Ks'!!


I've decided that 'K' is a shape with lots of potential for borders, as all the letters connect easily with each other and seem to be marching forwards. I hope I won't be disqualified from the challenge for making more than one letter! But, even if I am, it really doesn't matter because my Ks were all such fun to quill!





14 comments:

  1. beautiful Idea!!
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like the first and third one, very creative, good luck with the challenge!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one looks beautiful, but first one it is so elegant!!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disqualify? No way Philippa! I love them all! :) They are ALL so lovely! The first one has this metallic sheen I have come to associate with your Victoria style. I must admit though, that I am biased towards the grasshopperish 4th one! :D Thanks so much for participating! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful K creations have you made ​​me love your work!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kute K's!
    Merry Christmas Philippa

    ReplyDelete
  7. who would have thought there were so many ways to make a K :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely...First one i love the most...metallic look and the way it has done...

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a variety of k's :) Ech one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you, Philippa. I cann't to choose one of them, all are so beautiful and great....I've seen the beehive too in your K...lol....

    hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. One is no better than the other. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Philippa you describe so good that feeling that one has: a lot of ideas, hard to decide which one to choose. Only that all that ideas are not just ideas, they are real wonderful cretions. My favourite: the first one.
    Anca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved all!
    Thanks for the visits and comments on my blog. I am a great admirer of his work.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails