Tuesday, 13 March 2012
There's not been much time for experimentation this past week, because I've suddenly found myself under real pressure to replenish my stock of cards! I sold 18 cards in the space of two days last week, and my stocks were already running low - so my number one priority right now is to make as many as possible in time for this week's market.
As regular followers will know, I like to print backgrounds for my quilling using photographs or digital graphics, and the first task has been to create a batch of cards ready to quill. I've also turned out a few embossed backgrounds using my Cuttlebug, too. Right now, I'm half-way through adding quilling to this batch.
Here are the ones I've finished so far:
And these are the ones I've still got to do:
The pressure is on!!
The design shown at the top of this post is one that I'm particularly pleased with. It features a 'Photoshopped' photograph of some flowers, filtered to create a 'painting on canvas' effect with drop shadow. I added some 19th Century style quilling, using a trio of open rings pressed into teardrop shapes, with some tiny open filigree inside.
And here's one of the embossed cards, to which I have attached some butterflies and a flower left over from one of my demos. Well, you know what they say:"Waste not, want not"!!
That's all for now ... got to get back to work!