Thursday 7 June 2012

Through the eye of a needle ...

Having recently said that I've been turning my attention to bigger projects, I've found my card-making back in the spotlight this week following a flurry of special orders!


This latest card was an interesting challenge: a joint 80th birthday card for a couple whose birthdays fall very close together, who belong to a camera club, and whose main interests are photography and needlework respectively!

Well, there's a combination! I've come up with this card, which features the digital image of a film strip to frame the number 80 and some quilling.  In the blue box, for the husband, is my less than perfect attempt to quill an old-fashioned camera using vortex coils ... and in the pink box, for the wife, I've created a couple of needles (with looped-over 'eyes') out of silver quilling strips, which I've managed to 'thread' with a couple of 1.5mm strip coils.

You know me - I like a challenge!  But I'm beginning to wonder what I'm going to be asked to come up with next!


6 comments:

  1. Quite a card! I always admit you make things after a deep thinking and I admire you for that! I like the symbols you used and I hope they will love it as much as I do!
    hugs and cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a genius iedee of you I find it very beautiful! Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and great solution! You can successfully cope with every challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you my dear friends! I'm pleased to say that my customer loved this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like how you were able to combine it for both of them, nice job, and who wouldnt like your cards !!!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,

    Its an awesome card...very thoughtful...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails