Wednesday 27 July 2011

A new quilled watch

I've just finished decorating this craft watch which was the other part of my prize from the Creative Quilling Forum jewellery challenge (along with the 1.5mm quilling strips which I mentioned a few days ago). The very narrow strips are ideal for this application, as you can layer them up and still get the transparent watch cover to fit on over the top. It's a bit of a challenge finding a design to fit into the crescent-shaped working area of the watch, but I decided that half a Royal Flower would be just the thing! I have decorated watches with quilling before, but I particularly like the format of this one because the cover simply snaps into place on the watch face without requiring any glue around the edge. You can buy them from http://www.creativequilling.com.au/

6 comments:

  1. awww...1.5mm, that's challenging..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippa,

    A true gem.
    I loved the result.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are using the royal flower technique so effectively!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a clever piece of work as a watch I think it's wonderful
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous. I love it. I'm not so sure I could manage to work with the narrower strips. I have a hard enough time with the ones I use now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone ... going to start wearing it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails