A while ago, I started experimenting with resin casting techniques for making paperweights, and I had a go at making one out of a glass coffee jar lid. On that occasion, I ended up embedding a paper rose in the resin, using the glass lid as a permanent mould - and I've been stockpiling the lids ever since!
Finally, I've got around to using them - and this time I've hit on something simpler that doesn't require the use of resin.
For this one, I simply made a quilled motif to fit inside the lid, and glued it on to the inside of the glass, retaining the plastic lid seal for use as a base. It's not as heavy or reflective as a proper resin-cast paperweight, but I think it still looks quite effective. Here's a side-view:
I've also used another lid to store some of my stash of unused quillings (which will probably never get used, but I didn't want to throw them away!!) I think they make quite an eye-catching, multi-coloured jumble of shapes inside the glass container. Well, it looks good in my craft room, anyway!