Monday 6 September 2010

A new pad ... and a new quilling book!

I always like to use the greeting "A new pad" for my new home cards, as it gives me a good excuse to quill some frogs!

Frogs are so characterful, and they sit particularly well on this photograph of a lily pond. (There's even a real frog in the picture if you look closely.) I decided to give today's quilled frog a nice curly tongue to catch some flies with! Hope you like him!!

Meanwhile, over at Ann Martin's blog, there's news of an exciting new book of Christmas designs by the brilliant quiller Elizabeth Moad (author of 'Thrilling Quilling'), who has three copies to give away to readers in the UK, USA and Canada - all you have to do is leave a comment.

Finally today I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to Saroja Krishnan who has just joined the list of those who follow Quilliance. Hi Saroja!

4 comments:

  1. "A new pad" that's cute and so is the frog. Looks great on that picture. I've been wanting to get that book "thrilling quilling" since I've heard such good things about it. How exciting that there's one with Christmas designs. Gotta go check that out.
    Congrats on another follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable frog. Looks like he's about to jump across the pond! Thanks for the shout out about the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frog has turned out really well, I particularly liked his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! This particular frog is my own design, but Jacqueline Lee's 'Twirled Paper' book has some nice frog patterns in it too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails