Saturday 25 September 2010

Quilled snowflake

I quilled this snowflake yesterday ... and I've decided to use it in a rather unconventional way. Over the last few years, I've made quite a few individually quilled Christmas cards to sell at our Friday market, and they have always proved quite popular. But I'm aware that there's a much bigger demand for packs of five or 10 Christmas cards from people who have lots of friends and relations on their mailing lists - and they don't always want to pay the price for multiple hand-crafted items. So this year, in addition to my usual cards, I'm going to try selling some little budget-priced packs of five assorted printed cards designed with photographs of my quilled motifs - still original and unusual (I hope!), but much quicker and easier to produce. My first design features the quilled snowflake that I made, and I'll show you some of the others later in the week. It will be interesting to see how this idea works out.

6 comments:

  1. I think that's a great idea and certainly an easy way for you to produce a quality product at an economical price. I bet they'll go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect snow flake ! Its a good idea Phillipa ,photographs of quilled elements look pretty too .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon they should go well, Philippa.
    I have seen similar in the shops and bought one once, aiming to try it out for myself.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your very positive comments, girls! You have given me confidence, which I really appreciate, and I'll let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my God, is it already time for Christmas themes?! You're enterprising girl, I still make butterflies and flowers lol
    Snowflakes are so nicely done, I love that pure white color. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is probably still a bit early, Suzana, but I don't like to rush! Thanks for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails