Tuesday 4 January 2011

I'm quilling again ... with flowers and lace!

As promised, here's my very first new quilled card for 2011, and I'm starting the new year with a fresh background technique.

As followers of Quilliance will know, I've been using photographic backgrounds for my quilling for quite a while, but now that I'm getting more into digital art I've also started to see great potential for 'digi-scrapbooking elements' like this lovely lace border by Karen Stimson which can be downloaded as a 'freebie' by readers of Papers and Pixels magazine (December edition). It's actually part of a set of gorgeous lace designs.

Using my Mac Pages software, I simply pulled the lace image on top of a plain blue background for this card, and I felt it would make the perfect frame for an elegant quilled motif. So I've created this lady in a flowing dress carrying a huge bouquet of flowers.  I think the design has a delicate, summery feel - just what I need on a drab winter's day!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this is so pretty! I love the lace border because it doesn't take away from the quilling. Love, love your design! hugs from Texas xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippa,

    Very cute your card. Surely the new technique will also make a lot of success. After all you are very talented and creative.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the lace border. Looks very feminine. The quilled piece is of course perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely philippa, The lace background is a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I'll be posting another lace design later on today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the digital lace frame for your cute little lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep forgetting that I have to type words to confirm my comments lol
    Well, I said before that I really loved this pretty lady. The whole card is so gentle.
    Suzana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails