Sunday 9 January 2011

Quilling 2011: an encouraging start!

Well, I took my new lace border cards to the market on Friday, and immediately sold the pink one with the quilled roses! As the for pond picture with the quilled flag iris featured in my last post, it's still in my card box - but the editor of our local village magazine wants to use it on the front cover of her February edition ... so, all in all, it's been an encouraging start!

I'm still experimenting with the lace images, and here's my latest attempt to introduce a bit more colour into the design. This time I've pulled the lace border over a two-tone circle, and created a fantasy flower with joined-up strips in complementary colours to sit inside. I've used an open scrolling technique to make the main leaf sections, and couldn't resist adding some coiled tendrils to complete the design.

6 comments:

  1. You are off to a fantastic start for the year. New designs, selling cards, being featured on the cover of a magazine. I just love the look of that lace and that flower is perfect in the center

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised Philippa that you sold your first card so quickly...they are beautiful. I love the bright colours of this new flower and the tendrils finish it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann and Cheryl! Your comments mean a great deal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant ! really !the quilling goes well with the lace background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love how your fantasy flower looks. The lavender behind the lace image really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suganthi and MariLynn - thanks, I'm really excited about these new lace backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails