Wednesday 19 January 2011

A quilled ballerina

I've had a few enquiries recently for cards which feature dancers. Ballet seems to be very popular among young girls at the moment, so I thought I'd have a go at creating a ballerina design. I started with my tried and tested 'four squares' background, and - yes, I KNOW I was going to give the lace borders a rest for a while, but in the end I just couldn't resist adding one to this card.

The ballerina was a bit tricky to create, especially as I didn't want to add extra thickness to the card by layering her arms. (Here in the UK, thicker cards mean extra mailing costs, and customers don't like it - understandably!) So here she is, anyway, with just one arm visible and hopefully just about enough grace to get through her first audition.

6 comments:

  1. love the ballerina and the lace adds a nice touch!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute little ballerina and the lace goes perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative Philippa . I like your ballerina a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girls. But I must admit I'm happier quilling flowers and butterflies! I'll be getting back to that today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails