Friday 14 January 2011

Quilled boys' toys!

It's great to be selling cards again after the long Christmas break, and it means I've got some re-stocking to do - the perfect excuse to spend hours quilling! But in between the ever-popular flower and butterfly designs, I've had a couple of 'boyish' projects to do.

Firstly, I was asked to create this birthday card by a regular customer who loves designs with cut-outs. She wanted me to quill a train on the inside of the card that would show through at the front, so I did what she asked, adding a single cloud of smoke on the outside face of the card to link it all together.



And then I had another go at the 'Baby Boy' design, after some friends of ours recently became grand-parents. This time I have made the bear smaller and the balloon bigger (just as I had planned) and I think it works much better than the earlier version. (Apologies for the shadow on this card  - I had to take the photograph in artificial light.)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Philippa! Just found your blog and going to follow you. Very cute designs! Wanted to say that you're doing a great job =) Be inspired ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi WhiteRacoon and welcome to Quilliance! Thanks for your kind comment. I've checked out your blog, and I think your work is great too (especially the quilled racoon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That train is great and I agree that the bear looks better smaller. Nicely done on both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration Philippa, I am long due making a card for my son's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little blue bear is simply adorable! Reminds me of Bear in the Big Blue House that I used to watch as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Yuenie - I'm so glad you like him!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails