Tuesday 11 January 2011

New arrivals with some quilling

Well, I'm still exploring the amazing capabilities of Photoshop Elements (PSE), and came across a whole array of clip-art shapes and images in the Editing Palette.

I needed a new 'Baby Boy' card after selling my last one on Friday, and while I was about it, I decided to update my 'Baby Girl' design, too. So I imported the bear and the stork images, and had a play around to create two new backgrounds for some quilled balloons.

The bear was originally brown and white, but I eventually managed to colour in the sections and get him on to a blue background - that's a few more steps forward for me on the PSE learning curve!!  The stork I just enlarged a bit and pulled on to a pink background.  Then all I had to do was add the quilled balloons.  Next time I'm going to make the bear smaller and the blue balloon bigger for the Boy card - but at least this is a start!

5 comments:

  1. So cute. I think you are right about making the bear smaller in proportion to the balloon. That size though would look really cute if you quilled a pink bubble gum bubble about the size the balloon is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! What a great idea!! Love it!!
    Have a marvellous week!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are doing excellent with PSE those cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet idea. Nice job Philippa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! There are loads more shapes and images to use in PSE, so I'm going to keep on experimenting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails