Well, I'm happy to report that my new 'quilling' tool works brilliantly! (Please see yesterday's post to read about the felting needle that I bought last week for rolling coils - it's great!) I made teardrop shapes in two different sizes to create the quilled flower on this card, using the narrow end section of the tool for the inner petals (small centres) and the middle section for the outer petals (slightly larger centres). They rolled up effortlessly, and I really like the sturdiness of the tool which is, of course, designed for stabbing fabric with - it's easy to grip and very strong. I can definitely recommend it!
I don't know the name of the flower on this card, but I photographed it in the Mediterranean zone of the Eden Project in Cornwall where I visited last week - it's full of exotic plants, and a real feast for the eyes. I took loads of new pictures while I was away, and now it feels great to be back quilling once again!