Friday 25 February 2011

Cool copper quilling


Do you remember this card design which I posted last week?


Well, I've just re-created it using my copper-edged purple strips and I'm so thrilled with the result! The bright copper edges seem to blend perfectly with the pinky purple of the daisy petals, and I've emphasised them using a plain copper strip for the swirl. The petals are smaller because the metallic-edged strips are shorter than the ones I'd been using before - in fact, I'll probably use whole rather than half strips next time. Anyway, here are the two cards side by side so you can see what a difference the metallic edging makes:


At this rate, I'm not going to want to go back to using 'ordinary' quilling strips again - but I'm sure I shall!! Have a great weekend everyone ... and a very warm welcome to all the new followers who have connected with Quilliance this week.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea Philippa. The result was fantastic!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like that copper!
    I've been working on a half flower design and it hasn't been working for me - I think I may need an extra petal or 2 - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Quilling Beautiful!!!
    Groetjes Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I love the look of that copper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like the copper has gone down well!! I look forward to seeing your half-flower, Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The copper makes such an impact on your card!! Love it!! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails