Saturday 12 February 2011

Special orders and best-sellers!

I haven't managed to post for several days, because I have been so BUSY!! On Thursday and Friday, I sold quite a few cards -  and now I need to replace them in my sales stock. Not only that, but I've got a whole list of special orders to fulfil, too, which is great! However, this all means that my ideas for new designs have to be put on hold while I re-make some of the old ones!

It's interesting that certain designs are now emerging as clear front-runners when it comes to popularity. I've lost count of the number of times I have made this particular little cat, whose body is cut out from black paper:


Not much quilling on there - just the whiskers!

And people seem to love cards with nature scenes like this one -  a selection of brightly coloured photos plus a quilled butterfly:




I always enjoy re-making this card, because it reminds me so vividly of summer.

And here's another card that I never tire of re-making, for birthdays and anniversaries:



It gives me such a buzz when people like my work! Hopefully I'll be back next week with something new ...

3 comments:

  1. kitty is so cute, I think butterflies are popular. Nice work on all!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are a good kind of busy :)
    That cat is very cute, I can see why it's requested often and of course the butterfly is so pretty. It does look like summertime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paula and Ann! Yes, it definitely is a good kind of busy ... we've got a nasty, wet February day here, so quilling is the perfect antidote!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails