Wednesday 23 February 2011

My water lily girl

The image for this card is another gorgeous one which I obtained copyright-free from The Graphics Fairy (such a brilliant site!)

 I love this picture of the girl with flowing hair sitting so delicately in a floating water lily flower - she looks so serene and warm, and the image makes me imagine being beside water on a beautiful summer day.

I've added some rolled-together strips of yellow and orange to enhance her golden hair, plus a single pink teardrop made using one of my new metallic-edged strips to echo the shape of a petal. An image like this really doesn't need much quilling, but I think it makes a lovely card.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Philippa,
    this is so fabulous card. Nice combination design

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really can find a lot of cool images on the graphics fairy. Love how you enhanced the image with the quilling, it looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very brilliant way to enhance that beautiful graphic image. Really lovely!
    Just visiting from the Graphics Fairy to check out your fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I would not have the patience to quill. I so admire folks who do it. Very clever with the image in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for visiting. I've made so many new friends thanks to The Graphics Fairy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you combine the photos and the quilling. Superb ideas.
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails