Monday 14 February 2011

Rising to the challenge!

There are two card designs here that I couldn't resist posting in response to blog challenges that I came across today.

The first is a quilled 'Flower Fairy' card, which uses a beautiful out-of-copyright image that I downloaded recently from a fascinating site called The Graphics Fairy. (Check out the site, and you'll discover an absolute treasure trove of printable digital images that can be freely used in crafts.)  I saw the image, and was sure that it would work really well on a feminine birthday card. I love the vibrant pink and lime green colours which I have embellished here with quilling strips using a husking technique to add some movement and texture to the fairy's skirt. Look closely, and you'll see that I have added a little quilled heart to her 'flower hat' as well!

My second challenge submission is a card that I featured very recently here on Quilliance for a blog hop, but is so perfect for the Creative Accents  'For the love of chocolate' challenge that I make no apology for posting it here again!

The background picture is a photo which I took last February of some lovely Valentines chocolates with confetti scattered underneath. Next to it,  I have added some quilling, comprising chocolate coloured swirls and two hearts made out of coiled, crimped strips. Happy Valentine's Day!

10 comments:

  1. The graphics fairy is a cool site. I've snagged some stuff from there myself. Love the fairy and how you embellished it with the quilling.
    I also love the card with the chocolates. I mean really how could you not love something with chocolate in it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - talented! Your quilling really adds so much to these graphics!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilling plus the Graphics Fairy - could be a magic combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I so wish I had the talent and patience to create with quilling. I love how you embellished the fairy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, and a very warm welcome to all of you who have visited via the link from The Graphics Fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fairy is adorable, I love the quilled accents on it! And your chocolate card is completely perfect for our challenge, thanks so much for joining it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ms.espresso! I don't often find challenges suitable for my quilled cards, so I was pleased to discover yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lovely cards. Have never tryed quilled cards but I think it may be in my future Take Care

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails