Tuesday 22 February 2011

Marvellous metallics!

I'm feeling very excited this week, having just purchased my first ever metallic-edged quilling strips from JJ Quilling Design. They do some really interesting colour combinations, and the effect of coiling these strips is great, because you get the basic colour of the strip inside the coil, complemented by a really sharp sparkly edge when viewed from above.

I've bought some green, powder blue and pink strips with green, blue and pink metallic edges respectively, plus some purple edged with copper and black edged with gold. I think the purple/copper and black/gold strips will be brilliant for quilled jewellery, but I decided to start with the other three shades to create this new card:


The background design is a Victorian garland of wild roses, and it's another wonderful copyright-free image which I've been able to source from The Graphics Fairy.  Having printed the card background, I used some of my new pink/pink and blue/blue metallics to create fold-rolled flowers, with marquise leaves using the green/green. I hope you can see how sparkly the edges are in these photographs. Curious to see how versatile the edged strips are, I also ran a couple through my crimping machine to create the dual-teardrop heart at the base of the card. It worked perfectly! I really like the effect of these metallic edged strips, so will definitely be playing with them some more over the next few days. Watch this space!

9 comments:

  1. oooooo....I love the sparkle of the edged papers. I might just have to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome are those strips? I love the sparkles. Happy quilling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love JJ's metallic strips! The edging looks wonderful on your roses - really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the metallic strips. I'm kind of drawn to sparkly things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background !I do so envy your strips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! These new strips are excellent - I can definitely recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I didn't know quilling papers came with sparkles. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails