Thursday 24 February 2011

Shiny new quilled earrings!

I can't tell you how much I LOVE the metallic edged strips I got from JJ Quilling Design. The metallic edges are so sharp and bright that they really do add an extra dimension to quilling. (And, no - they are NOT sponsoring me to tell you this!!)

Yesterday, I experienced a burning desire to create some new earrings. (You know how it is ...) I decided to try a twin-strip husking design using a black strip edged with gold on the outside and a green/green metallic strip on the inside, which I crimped. When I make these huskings, I like to fold the strips together in half before winding around the pins, rather than gluing down a 'starting loop' to go around pin number one - it means that you have to glue four times instead of two whenever you wind back around the first pin, but it gives the resulting husking a much more substantial appearance. I like the way the crimped green strip appears 'sandwiched' between the black/gold. For this design, I've also added three little tight coils made from crimped black/gold strips. And I'm thrilled with the end result - just look how brightly it shines!



I can't wait to start experimenting with my purple/copper edged strips next ...

Really, what craft could possibly be more thrilling than quilling?!!

7 comments:

  1. very nice and shiny, and like the design, like them alot!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilling rules lol And when you combine it with another thing you can't resist-jewelry...
    Really lovely design and paper.
    Waiting to see your next combination!
    Hugs,
    Suzana

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are very pretty and I do love that metallic paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous and love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone - and Suzana is right: quilling rules OK lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your earrings and the metallic edged paper, it really adds something... and your design on the earrings - Super fantastic! hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails