Monday 28 February 2011

Quilling on the bright side!

One of my customers recently asked me to create a new home card for her daughter who apparently always likes to 'look on the bright side' of life! In fact, she is naming her new house 'Brightside' for that very reason - so my card was going to have to be very bright, too!

Looking through my photo backgrounds, we picked on a bright yellow 'starburst' which actually features the centre of a beautiful Rose of Sharon flower. It always makes me think of fireworks, or a champagne cork popping, and I sometimes use it for a 'Congratulations' design. Anyway, we agreed that I should use this image for the card with some suitably bright quilling to complement it. Here's the end result:

9 comments:

  1. Philippa,
    Who receive the card will love it. You captured very well the desired positivism through the quilling, photo frame and beautiful star.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, it all goes well together and very bright!You did great.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to look at life and a beautifully bright card to celebrate her new home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful!I like the scrolls and curls !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I wish you all the brightest of days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Such a bright card - i am totally in love with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Eenzy Beenzy, that's really kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a beautiful card....love it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails