Wednesday 15 June 2011

A new quilling tutorial

Most of my wonderful Quilliance followers are already accomplished quillers in their own right - so I'm sure none of you really need to read a beginners' tutorial on quilling! However, I thought you might still be interested to see the tutorial that I've recently written and had published in the June 2011 Papers and Pixels (my favourite online crafting magazine).

My 'Quick Quilled Card' project is aimed at Papers and Pixels' many readers who are mainly into digital art and scrapbooking, but seem keen to find out more about quilling after reading my earlier articles (December 2010 and February 2011). I've deliberately kept this project really simple, using a fold-rolling technique to make some flowers. No tools are required other than a cocktail stick, glue and a pair of tweezers. (Plus a card blank and some quilling strips, of course!!) Hopefully it may help to recruit some new enthusiasts to 'our quilling world'.
My finished tutorial project
To view Papers and Pixels, you first need to register for their forum via this link here. It's completely free. Once registered, you can download the June edition of the magazine, and also access past issues which are well worth a read.

4 comments:

  1. lovely, you talked me into signing up on paper and pixels,lol, will check it out!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't downloaded this issue yet but I'll be sure to check out your tutorial. I can always use a good beginners tut :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice tutorial! I am now a member of Paper and Pixels:) The magazines are very good, indeed, lots of ideas and downloads for quick cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like P&P has got some new readers! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails