Sunday 5 June 2011

Vortex coil hair slides

Did you notice those multicoloured vortex coils lying on the side in my last post? We'll I decided that a couple of them would be ideal for fixing to some hair slides.

I created these particular vortexes by 'squashing' two wheatear shapes that I had made using a 'sandwich' of different coloured strips (green joined to blue joined to green, and mauve joined to pink joined to purple).  I think they have turned out looking like a bit like sweets (or what I believe my American friends would call 'candy')! Here in the UK, we have a multi-coloured selection of sweets known as 'Liquorice Allsorts', and that's exactly what these remind me of!

I'd like to include a credit here for Licia Politis who first invented the vortex coil. Thanks, Licia - it's a really great shape!

9 comments:

  1. These are very pretty - I love the contrasting colors!!! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippa,
    Very creative!
    I love it!
    A good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea I find them very beautiful!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of Licia and the vortex too. These hair slides are a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Phillippa, I love your liquorice allsorts hair slides and the way you had added different colours into the shape when making the vortex coil. Lovely vortex coil centres!
    Licia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails