Monday 13 June 2011

Our quilling world

Wow ... I've been absolutely knocked out by all the wonderful comments I received about yesterday's post, both here and on Facebook, where I also posted the news about my quilled card winning a prize. I'd like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. One comment in particular made a big impression on me. It was from Anca, who said: "I am happy for you, and happy for our quilling world". Well, that really made me think. I guess that through our blogs and our internet communications we have actually managed to create our own little private 'quilling world' online - and it's such a great place to be. Whenever I settle down to do some quilling, I really can feel the presence of all my friends throughout the world who share the love of this wonderful art, and it's simply fantastic that we can all support and encourage each other in the way that we do.


Today feels like a new beginning for me now that the festival is over, and here's a new card design featuring some kind of quilled flowering plant that just sprang up in my imagination!! Don't ask me what it is ... all I can say is that the colours echo the purple, yellow and orange of the pansies in the photograph. The leaf bud on the left side is my attempt at an 'eccentric vortex coil' - a technique kindly shared by my friend Licia Politis in Australia. I used green and black strips wound together as a wheatear for this shape, and glued the back to hold the centre of my flattened coil in an offset position, just as you would with a normal eccentric coil. Watch out for some more vortex experiments tomorrow...!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, it makes you want to sit outside and enjoy nature!, I agree about the quilling world, it feels good to belong and share with others the creativity of quilling, there are so many creative people out there. Happy quilling!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right...we have been able to create a small community but spread through-out this lovely planet of ours.

    I also feel the presence of our quilling world when I am creating. It is such a nice feeling.

    Cheers to you
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, ones again, Philippa! I share your happiness, too! Quilling has brought me so much pleasant moments, people who are "on-line" friends, as you said ones. I am happy to be part of this magical world.
    Lots of hugs to all of you quillers, all around the world, from
    Suzana

    ReplyDelete
  4. quilling world, what a nice thought that is.
    I really like the picture you used for your card and the flower looks just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of you! It's really fun to meet others who enjoy it as much as we do! hugs to all. Helen Pierce NAQG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone - I'm so glad to know you all in our wonderful 'quilling world'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww... Philipa, I felt so special when I read this post...
    The card makes me wanna be there. I love the colors you used for quilling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's so beautiful and amazing this quilling world! I am very happy I am a part of it, I am happy I found so beautiful souls through quilling! Thank you Anca and Philipa for your words and for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails